The County of Wellington is the Consolidated Municipal Service Manager (“Service Manager”) for the City of Guelph and the County of Wellington. The City of Guelph is a separated municipality and the County of Wellington is comprised of seven lower tier municipalities: Town of Minto, Township of Wellington North, Township of Mapleton, Township of Centre Wellington, Town of Erin, Township of Guelph/Eramosa, and Township of Puslinch.
As the Service Manager for Guelph-Wellington, the County of Wellington is responsible for the delivery and administration of provincially mandated social and affordable housing programmes, as well as initiatives to prevent and address homelessness.
Housing Services are delivered from our office located in downtown Guelph. Appointments can be made with staff to meet at a Fergus and a Mount Forest location.
What We Do
- Deliver programmes across the housing continuum, from homelessness prevention initiatives to homeownership down payment grants
- Own and operate 1189 rent-geared-to-income (RGI) units and 131 units of affordable housing
- Provide financial support and legislative oversight to 20 non-profit housing providers and housing co-operatives located in the County of Wellington and the City of Guelph who support over 1000 rent-geared-to-income units and nearly 500 affordable market rental units
- Provide funding and resources to support the development of affordable housing, operated by external housing partners in Guelph-Wellington
- Offer varied levels of support to individuals and families who need help finding and keeping a home
- Lead the Guelph-Wellington Built for Zero-Canada Campaign, a national movement to end chronic homelessness
- Administer funding for housing stability programmes across the Service Manager Area and fund emergency shelters in Guelph
After Hours Emergency - To speak directly with a person 519-824-1960
After Hours NON Emergency - to leave a message 519-824-7822