Portage Ontario’s drug addiction rehabilitation centre located in Elora, Ontario, provides a free residential treatment program for Ontario youth 14 to 18+.
Within the gender-specific therapeutic community environment, residents deal with the root causes of their drug addiction problems and learn how to better function in their everyday lives, without needing drugs.
The on-site schooling, tailored to individual needs, helps them learn to succeed in school.
The supportive community of people who have been through similar struggles helps them to develop the self-esteem and social competencies necessary to build the confidence that they too can live healthy, happy, and productive lives.
Aftercare and Family Services help them develop a strong support network of people to help them pursue a positive lifestyle after treatment.
- Eliminate abusive consumption of drugs/alcohol
- Develop self-esteem and acquire social skills to better handle life’s challenges
- Learn how to succeed in a school environment
- Improve interpersonal skills and family relationships to develop a strong support system
- Prepare for social reintegration and a continued positive lifestyle
How does the Program work?
Upon admission, new residents are welcomed by those currently in treatment, who help them understand how the program works. Under the supervision of a team of clinical staff members, residents support and encourage each other through the program, helping each other to acquire the necessary competencies and knowledge to move through the phases and eventually become role models to new residents.
- Morning meeting
- Therapy Groups
- Activities & Workshops
- On-site school programming
- Night meeting
Ontario Adolescent Centre
6681 Irvine Street, Elora, ON N0B 1S0