Services For Adults
2nd Chance Offers Free And Confidential Employment Services To Adults At All Of Our Offices.
Unlike trying it on your own or using a temp service 2nd Chance staff will guide, assist and support you throughout the process. And it works! Most of our clients find jobs or enter education or training to move towards their goals.
Individuals currently employed or in school are also welcome to access our free services.
2nd Chance Staff Care About Helping You Meet Your Goals And Provide Services Such As:
- One to one employment counselling tailored to your needs
- Assistance writing and editing resumes and cover letters
- Access to training opportunities including the Second Career program
- Help with career exploration and goal setting
- Workshops on workplace safety, interviews, job search and more
- Specialized job development and matching programs
- Networking sessions and job finding clubs
What Are Our Counselling Services
Second Chance Employment Counselling provides personal, customized services for people who want to find employment or explore their training and career options.
ACE (Achieving Competitive Employment) For Adults
The ACE (Achieving Competitive Employment) program helps individuals with disabilities to get and keep jobs. Our aim is to provide resources to identify, develop, and utilize employable skills and abilities.
ACE Staff Can Provide:
- Job search assistance: how to help employers see past a disability and understand the assets you bring to their business
- Job development: direct contact with employers to generate leads and facilitate paid placements
- Job coaching: one-to-one support to adapt to a new workplace and be successful there
Who Can Use ACE?
- You must be 16 years of age or older
- You must also have an identified disability (this can mean a lot of things – if you’re not sure, ask us!)
- Resident of Guelph or Wellington County
- Ready to prepare and achieve employment
A.C.E. is funded by Ontario Disabilities Support Program Employment Supports
Phone: 519-843-5513 or 1-800-478-0961