24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Victim Crisis Assistance Ontario offers immediate on-site crisis and trauma service. Our volunteers are well trained in crisis intervention. They can help with urgent practical matters or, if unable to assist, can locate, arrange and link to other services and resources. We offer advocacy, follow up and safety planning.
How it Works:
- Upon arrival the crisis team assesses the victim’s most urgent needs.
- The team then provides immediate practical and emotional support.
- The team provides referrals to community agencies.
- Upon completing the initial assessment, follow up services are provided, if needed.
Who is Eligible?
- Client must be in Guelph or Wellington County for on scene support.
- Client must be referred by emergency services to Victim Services Wellington for on scene support.
Who is Ineligible?
- If victim is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- To act solely as a form of transportation.
- To a call that is deemed to be unsafe.