This story was developed to help young children and families talk about their experiences and feelings related to COVID-19 and the need to shelter in place. In the story, the coronavirus has spread to Littletown causing changes in everyone's lives.
The story opens doors to conversations about:
- Ways that families and communities are working together to keep safe from the virus.
- Family and community strengths
- Common challenges and reactions in children and adults
- Ways that families support children and each other
- Our intense gratitude for frontline workers
We hope this story helps families to talk with each other about their own unique stories, the hard times, the good times, and the ways that they were together. We also hope the story helps adults feel less alone.
Along with the book, there is a separate booklet of specific questions that young children may have. Parents can look through this booklet and choose pages they want to include in the story or use the booklet separately with their children. There is also a separate parent guide. You can download each file separately, or download a combined file that contains all three.
For more info visit: http://piploproductions.com/trinka-and-sam-virus/