Community Withdrawal Support Service (CWSS) is a set of services that offers an alternative to residential withdrawal management for individuals who can safely withdraw from alcohol and/or other drugs in a safe and supportive community environment. CWSS staff will also facilitate collaboration with other service providers who are supporting an individual to withdraw. Services also include consultation and capacity-building to referring agencies as well as primary care providers. Services are voluntary and are provided to individuals 18 years of age and older in Guelph, Cambridge, Kitchener-Waterloo and rural Wellington.
The Community Withdrawal Support Service is available to individuals who:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have a stable place to stay in the Waterloo-Wellington community
- Have reliable access to a phone
- Are willing and able to follow treatment recommendations
- Have a supportive person to assist through acute withdrawal (as needed)
- Do not have a history of complicated withdrawal symptoms or other significant health concerns
If you require further information, have questions, or would like to access CWSS, please contact the service directly by calling toll free: 1-844-722-2977.