Rapid Access Addiction Medicine clinics (RAAM’s) assist people who are struggling with substance dependency. At the RAAM, Physicians and/or Nurse Practitoners, Addiction Counsellors, and Peer Support Workers are all available to provide assistance to everyone - regardless of substance used.
The RAAM can help you if:
- Want support to address substance dependence
- Need help to reduce cravings
- Are using to avoid withdrawal symptoms
- Have health concerns related to substance use
- Need a place to talk about substance use without judgement
Am I Eligible?
- Self-referral and walk-ins are welcome
- Health care providers can refer to the RAAM
- Medical services are paid for by OHIP
- Supports available to those who may need to obtain an Ontario Health Card
- For people of all ages, including youth
- Assessment of substance use concerns
- Review of treatment options including harm reduction and abstinence
- Education and support related to withdrawal
- Brief individual counselling and peer support
- Education on overdose prevention and the use of Naloxone
- Referral to longer-term supports for ongoing care
- Provide Safer Supply of medications to help reduce or eliminate reliance on illegal drug supply in Rural Wellington
Safer Supply - Mount Forest
229 Main Street South
Mount Forest, ON, Canada
Mobile Clinic - Wellington County
Wednesdays - Arthur 1pm-4pm
110 Charles Street East,
Arthur, ON, Canada
Thursdays - Palmerston 9am-4pm *ON HOLD*
520 Cavan St.
Palmerston, ON, Canada
By Appointment Only.