The County of Wellington is the Consolidated Municipal Service Manager (“Service Manager”) for the City of Guelph and the County of Wellington. The City of Guelph is a separated municipality and the County of Wellington is comprised of seven lower tier municipalities: Town of Minto, Township of Wellington North, Township of Mapleton, Township of Centre Wellington, Town of Erin, Township of Guelph/Eramosa, and Township of Puslinch.
Housing Services are delivered from our office located in downtown Guelph. Appointments can be made with staff to meet at a Fergus and a Mount Forest location.
What We Do
- Deliver programmes across the housing continuum, from homelessness prevention initiatives to homeownership down payment grants
- Own and operate 1189 rent-geared-to-income (RGI) units and 131 units of affordable housing
- Provide financial support and legislative oversight to 20 non-profit housing providers and housing co-operatives located in the County of Wellington and the City of Guelph who support over 1000 rent-geared-to-income units and nearly 500 affordable market rental units
- Provide funding and resources to support the development of affordable housing, operated by external housing partners in Guelph-Wellington
- Offer varied levels of support to individuals and families who need help finding and keeping a home
- Lead the Guelph-Wellington Built for Zero-Canada Campaign, a national movement to end chronic homelessness
- Administer funding for housing stability programmes across the Service Manager Area and fund emergency shelters in Guelph
After Hours Emergency (to speak directly with a person):
After Hours NON Emergency (to leave a message):